Re: MGB Value

To: bleckstein@monmouth.com, joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Re: MGB Value
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 07:41:23 -0500
In a message dated 97-01-04 00:27:39 EST, bleckstein@monmouth.com (Leckstein)
writes:

<<  I submitted a claim for
 the $5000 and received a call from her adjuster. He told me that there
 "wasn't an MG in the world that was worth 5 grand"  Those were fighting
 words to me.

 I sent pictures of the car along with a letter from a friend in the
 industry that the car was worth $10,000. They settled the next day for
 $4900 and let me keep the wreck for parts. >>

Mike,

Good for you! It feels great to fight "City Hall" and win. Been there, done
that!

Even if we aren't British, we can still excercise that famous British
Tenacity. I suspect all LBCers have it. How else could we pick such demanding
little cars to want to drive.

Since I drive my '73 MGB everyday, I can't get a lot of the specialty
insurance that is available. If I ever wreck it, Allstate and I will be going
around and around. I hope for both of us it never happens. My 4" stack of
receipts for parts over the past nine years will choke them.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget