Regretfullly, I need to sell my B - my wife & I are now a 6 car/4 dog family
& unfortunately, we need more room.
79 B - Carmine Red, no rust. All the smog equip is in place & functional -
just last month got an airpump from the LBC graveyard. Stock carburation,
etc (Single ZS carb). Put in a used motor about 3 months ago - Previous
motor spun a bearing on road trip to Red Bluff in summer (over 100 degrees
F). This motor was purchased from someone on the list - thanks Roland!!
Compression about 140 all around. Replaced clutch when I put in new motor.
Allison Electronic Ignition, never had a problem with that.
Known (minor) problems:
1. Syncho on 3rd is weak - I double-clutch to go into 3rd.
2. The manifold has been welded by the PO - seems to be OK.
3. The Cat. Converter has a hole at the seam, Tried putting exhuast repair
goop on it - what a joke - probably could be welded.
1. The motor that blew is torn about, ready for a rebuild - still has honing
marks on cyl walls.
2. Two extra used heads - could be rebuilt.
3. Rebuilt, never used, old style head (pre-smog). Got this when All
Foreign Auto Salvage in Berkeley went out of the LBC biz, would consider
selling this separately.
First $2,500 gets it all - its a sweet car and I'll hate to see it go, but
... life goes on.
I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Thanks to everyone for your knowledge & wisdom
79 B - going away, sob, sob.
89 Olds Cutlass Supreme
86 Honda Accord
88 Honda Accord
84 Toyota Truck
61 VW Bug - doggie transportation.