RE: Cylynder bore damage (and repair ??)

To: <pujalte@stic.net>
Subject: RE: Cylynder bore damage (and repair ??)
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:25:19 -0500
>>Shouldn't ALL the cylinders be re-sleeved to avoid
>>disparities in Brake Mean Effective Pressure? (I
>have been reading the Technical posts).  I would
>think that having varying cylinder swept-volumes
>>would result in unequal crank-loading.

Hmmm ... not sure I follow you ... don't recall stating
anything that would indicate that you should ever
have a variance in swept-volume between cylinders.

Sleeves can be overbored up to +.040 ... so you could
install 4 sleeves and bore the engine for standard pistons
(or any size piston up to +.040) or install a single sleeve
and bore the engine to a size appropriate for the unsleeved
cylinders (up to +.040)... regardless all cylinders would
have the same swept volume.

I assume that, since the sleeve is a bit harder than a cast
cylinder bore, overtime a sleeved cylinder would have a
slightly different compression than a non-sleeved cylinder.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com