Re: injury to the hobby

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: injury to the hobby
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:37:34 -0500 (EST)
Rick M. writes:

>  Agreed, a T type or earlier is inappropiate for a modern highway. Who
> cares!!?? If you're driving a T-type, MGA, B, Midget, whatever, you most
> likely avoid the bloody  Interstate anyway. These cars weren't built with
> long stretches of high speed boredom in mind. Rather they are for the twisty,
> winding country lane; the secondary road that gets you to the same
> destination, but with scenery on both sides, that doesn't include signs for
> the ****** motel that is only 5 miles ahead at exit 754.

No argument there, but until my move away from 'the big city' there was
little option for the two lane twisties until you'd left the city
behind.  You had two choices as to the departure route from the city: (1)
urban interstate, or (2) surface roads with a stop light every half
mile.  Neither option seemed desireable.  I now live in a rural setting
and twisties are right outside my door and I'm in heaven.  Life in the
20th century (not for long).

WZ