Re: Mini-Lite Wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mini-Lite Wheels
From: Richard Hauser <dchauser@ecuvm.cis.ecu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:27:43 -0500
Thomas J Pokrefke wrote:

> I saw a recent thread on the Mini-Lite wheels.  A friend of mine told me
> once that Mini-Lites were too wide for the MGB and destroyed its nimble
> handling characteristics.  I accused him of sniffing too much carb
> cleaner.  Has anyone on the list converted to the Mini-Lites?  What is
> your opinion?
>
> Thomas James Pokrefke, III
> 1970 MGB
> thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
> http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

I purchased minilite replicas from Performance Industries in Florida.
They are 6 inches wide and have the proper offsets to clear everything
on my 79 B.  The cost was $125 per wheel including center caps.  This
company was recommended by Grassroots Motorsports.  I run Michelin's VR
rated tire (I believe 195/60).  They completely changed the ride and
handling of the car for the better IMHO.  I have to recommend this
company because the first set of custom drilled wheels they sent me
didn't fit.  The casting molds for the wheels had been redone and that
caused the clearances to  change.  They arranged to pick the wheels up
and delivered me a new set that fit.