Re: "Zero" Emissions Autos

To: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: "Zero" Emissions Autos
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 13:14:46 -0800
pbailey wrote:

Does this strike of some kind of control?As I have said before the
> automobile is the main reason this country has the freedom that the rest
> of the world still envies and the fact that owning and driving one here
> is so cheap compared to the rest of the world means that even the people
> on the bottom can have this freedom but the clouds are looming on the
> horizon and I don't want to live in a country where I can't go where and
> when I damn well please...Pat

Another scenario - as the Chinese economy continues to boom into the
21st C, they are all going to want to get a set of wheels as this
country did in the 20's. Will their government mandate electric or gas
power? Based on most 3rd world countries practise there is very little
concern about the environment, witness the Tribant.

TATerry is our resident China expert - any comment?

Bill Harkins
Falbrook, CA