Re: Cookies! / moral of story relative to MGs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cookies! / moral of story relative to MGs
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 08:27:25 -0600 (CST)
I think it's more a message of "word to the wise". I certainly do not
believe that, with Neiman Marcus's reputation for customer service,
they would actually allow this to happen. I have been on the wrong and
costly end of several misunderstanding.

As related to MGs:About a year and a half ago, I stopped in a shop in
Tuxedo, New York (which I now think very little of)known for it's
advertising of MG services. They have a same showroom with a half dosen
or so cars in it. On this particular day there was a Rubber Bumpered B
with a Buick V8 in it. Nice car but it did need paint and interior work
When I inquired of it's price and was told "18" I replied "I'll take
it, here's $900 now I'll give you the other half tommorrow when I bring
a flatbed." He then said "18 thousand, you wise$%*". If he had said "8"
or "9" initially, I would have known that thousands was what he was
referring to but in all honesty the car was worth closer to $1,800 than
$18,000.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch