Re: "69 Reflector Position

To: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Subject: Re: "69 Reflector Position
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 22:15:37 -0800
Feldman, Jack wrote:

> I have a 69 C without the side reflectors. I plan to get replacements,
> but
> how do I get them in the correct position on the fenders? The PO didn't
> want
> to position them, so he threw them away (he also threw anything else
> that he
> didn't want to replace on the car). I have some before pictures, and
> they show them in different locations than the lighted side marker
> lights.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack

Jack,

I think I'm safe in assuming that the reflectors should be in the same
position as they are on the 1969 MGB/GT.  If you agree, here are
measurements I took off my car.  (I'm the original owner and can vouch
for the authenticity of their location.)

Looking at the left-hand side of the car, and using the chrome body strip
as a datum line, the top of each reflector is 21 mm below the bottom of
the chrome strip.  The right side of the front reflector is 21 3/8 inches
from the rear of the front fender.  The left side of the rear reflector
is 29 3/8 inches from the front of the rear fender.  Hope there are not
too many "fronts" and "rears" here!  (I am also assuming that these
dimensions also apply to the roadster model - but you'd better
double check that.  I've been surprised before with body measurement
differences between the GT and the Roadster.)

Bill Schooler