Electric fuel pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electric fuel pumps
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 15:57:02 PST
Ladies and Gents:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions concerning emergency
fuel pumps. Special thanks to Dan Masters of the sovereign state of
Tennessee for completing my education on fuel pump functions. It appears
that a number of you folks are running backup pumps permanently both
serially and in-parallel.

Here is what I am doing for my good ol' '67 MGB-GT:

1. Mounting fuel filter near bulkhead.
2. Replumbed spare pump to exactly replace fuel filter in the event of
failure. Hooks up with hose clamps.
3. Wired spare pump leads with alligator-style clamps for power and
ground.
4. Will carry spare pump in plastic with silica gel desiccant pack.

Will post back if I experience any surprises as I test the setup.

David F. Darby
Interior Highlands, Missouri