Re: installing front springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: installing front springs
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:48:21 -0500 (EST)
You need to compress the front springs without fear of them "springing" loose.
You can buy a setep to compress the springs, I think the price I saw was about
$50.  I used a piece of all thread, two 8" pieces of strap iron, a few nuts and
washers to do the same thing.   I put the spring in the lower bracket, with the
all thread up through the hole in the bottom.  One piece of strap iron was
near the top of the spring ( can't put it at the top or it won't fit into the
top bracket) and the other under the bottom bracket.  Tightening
the nuts compresses the spring and the whole assembly bolts together pretty
easily.   After your together, just loosen the nuts.  I had both springs in in
under an hour, including gathering up the parts for my spring compressor.