Gas tank interior preservation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas tank interior preservation
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:28:22 -0800
I had so many good responses on the rust issue, so here is the next
stage of the TC project. I have stripped the gas tank and really removed
all rust and paint from the exterior. Normally, I use the tank sealer
material that you slosh around inside - it takes about a quart - to
finish the job.

However, I would like to know if there are suitable materials to clear
the tank of any loose crud, rust, scum or other foreign debris before
using the sealer. Is gasoline itself a potential cleaner or are there
any special products just for the purpose?

What are the recomendations for sealer materials? I have used Eastwood's
sealer product, but there may be something more readily available from
national distribution.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA