Re: Missouri 1000 ft Endurance Rally

To: boballen@sky.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Missouri 1000 ft Endurance Rally
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:29:22 +0800
<< snip >>
> On investigation, the crank pulley would rotate several degrees without
> having the crankshaft come with it. The bolt holding the crank pulley
> was still in place and tight. The pulley is indexed with a woodruff key
> and a slot on the crank snout. Apparantly the woodruff key was getting
> tired.

<< 'nother, bigger snip >>

> If anyone has been down this road before, advice appreciated.

Bob:
It sounds like your pulley is one of those two-piece ones, with the inner part
(attached to the crank)  and outer part (attached to the fan belt) bonded
together by some sort of rubbery stuff, which has given up the struggle after
all these years. This is what happened to to my 'B. It took me months to figure
out why my ignition timing changed every time I checked it.

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)