Re: A -Arm Bushings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A -Arm Bushings
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:28:21 -0700
At 09:00 AM 4/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>I discovered the source of annoying squeak in my front end. It seems that
the
>>A arm bushings are about gone. Has anyone replaced them lately? I am
>>considering:(a) poly urethane (b) steel/rubber (MGB/GT OEM replacements from
>>VB) or (C) Nylatron. Anyone have a preference for any of the above? Can I
>>replace the bushings on one side of the coil spring without removing the
>>spring if I support the spring pan with a floor jack or wooden block? Would
>>this be a good time to lower my suspension? What parts are likely to be
>>seized and require a torch or brute force to remove? Please share your
common
>>experiences with me to aid in what looks like a major overhaul. Thanks -
Rick

I replaced mine a long time ago with the polyurethane bushings. It was a
simple, straightforward job. I bought the bushings from Faspec in Portland,
Oregon. They are $4.00 / set (8 bushings). I was under the car yesterday
and the bushings still look and work great. They've been on the car since
1989!

I'd recommend using these.
Faspec's # is: 1-800-547-8788
Craig Wiper