Re: Fram Filter for Moss MGA Oil Filter Conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fram Filter for Moss MGA Oil Filter Conversion
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 23:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-14, David Littlefield wrote:

<< An internal pressure relief valve is
 required?  Why?  Surely the cotton filter / canister stock setup has no
 pressure relief valve.  If it is required, how does one know the proper
 pressure, then how do you know if your filter has it? >>

It is my understanding that the internal pressure relief valve is there to
provide oil flow in the event of an extremely dirty filter. When this valve
opens, oil bypasses the filter, and flows directly to the engine. It is
better to have dirty oil flow than no flow at all. For us LBCers, who
maintain our cars well, this should never happen, therefore, a pressure
relief valve is not required! Am I wrong?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN