Re: everybody's talking-tangent rant-long

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: everybody's talking-tangent rant-long
From: "C.C." <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 22:00:13 -0500 (CDT)
Aron,
I agree with you totally
I would like to take the opp. to rant in a similar manner.  I am 22 I have a
'72 B which I have owned (title in hand) since I was 13. This was, always
has been, and continues to be my only car.  The car was "totaled" when I got
it which pretty much did away with the hopes of a "proper" resto. Since that
was out of the question I decided to straighen the body (which came out
rather well with much help from my LBC partial father) and DRIVE it.

It is now sporting it's third motor, second tranny w/od, third interior,
third paint job, and I have loved every minute of doing ALL of it myself.
To me the joy of my car comes from the accomplishment of doing all myself,
not how well my body shop or mechanic could do it.  I have learned more from
this car than probably any other single experience.

I don't knock anyone for their own ideas about what these cars should be,
but it makes me ILL to be talked down to by some old schmuck with nothing
better to do with his money. Talked down to simply because my car is not
original/perfect or because I am young...
Just my .02
Chad
72 B daily DRIVER
P.S.  Kai, I realize you were just joking but, I am in the club with the guy
from Lucas, friends with him, and I would like to exclude him from this. He
is one of the few that I get help and respect from.  As for the other Texas
members I could live without a few of them and their condescending
attitudes.  They know who they are...