'77 rdstr door latch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '77 rdstr door latch
From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 12:07:49 -0700
Continuing/constant problem:
Driver door latch is sticky or whatever.  Open it from the inside, i.
e. without the force put to it from the inside, and the latch does
not click into the open position - it falls back to a semi-closed to
closed position, which does not allow the door to be closed.  Very
embarrassing and annoying!
What do I do? Lubricants and/or adjustments either fail to affect
this problem or remove it for only a short time.  Is there a weak
spring somewhere?  How do I get into the latch or remove and replace
it???
HELP!!!  PLEASE!!!
Bill - thanks in advance