Re: Clutch malady

To: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Subject: Re: Clutch malady
From: Rick Jennings <ijsceva@kcnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1990 04:14:57 -0600
At 08:14 AM 5/23/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Why, Barney, thanks very much.  I'll wait on my front porch for the
>cigar.  As for the clutch lining question, I'll go for double or nothing.
> I'd check into having the thing relined on your own.  I'm assuming that
>when you said the "same manufacturer" you are buying them off the shelf.
>As I recall, you are in the Chicago area-surely there must be a place
>there.  If that doesn't work, I can check here in KC for you.
>
>Larry Dickstein
>bugide@juno.com
>
>     This sounds familiar. My 77 B has a rattling noise that only appears
      When the clutch pedal is depressed during shifting. Everything engages
      and dis-engages ok. Clutch kit came from Vicky B, mfg. by Borg & Beck
      I think. Prox. 27,000 miles since new. Rebuilt the engine 12,000 miles
      ago, clutch looked new at that time. The rattle tends to lessen as the
      car warms up. I,ve been worried that the tranny input bearing might
      be ready to go. Anybody else experienced this problem with Borg &
      Beck?