Jumps out of reverse

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jumps out of reverse
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:06:22 -0400
Hello all,

I have a '64 Sprite Mk III with a 1275 substituted in by a PO. It likes to
jump out of reverse. If I veeerrrry slowly release the clutch while keeping
the revs pretty high it will stay in gear _sometimes_. With just a little
patience I have been able to work around this, but slipping the clutch this
much cannot be good for it. It does fine in other gears, though it's a
little loud in first (normal for straight-cut gear?)

I am a total newbie about LBCs. I don't know if the above is enough info
for you to form an opinion, but if it is, I'd appreciate suggestions about
what may be wrong, how to fix it, or whether I should just put up with it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD               '64 Sprite Mk III
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision       '47 Cessna 140
http://www.emory.edu/molvis             '87 Plymouth Horizon