Re: E-Brake cables

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: E-Brake cables
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 11:12:29 EDT
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:58:45 -0400 (EDT) MLishego@aol.com writes:
>I have been in the process of replacing my rostyle wheels with wire
>wheels,
>and I was wondering if anyone could help me out here.  I am replacing
>the
>rear axle, and in Moss, the e-brake cables are slightly different for
>wire
>and steel wheels.  Are they interchangable, or do I have to take the
>cable
>from my '77 and put it on my '74 for the brakes to work right?

Mike: Assuming you are doing the job properly - ie, replacing the whole
axle assembly and not just the hal-shafts & hubs - you should replace the
handbrake cable with the one for the wire wheel car. The reason is that
the two axle housings are 1"different in length, due to different offsets
in the wire and disc wheels.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com