Re: Door seals falling apart

To: Mark Shone <shone@singnet.com.sg>
Subject: Re: Door seals falling apart
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:23:42 -0400
Mark Shone wrote:

> Hi MG'ers,
>
> I have a problem in that the door and window seals of my B GT are coming
> apart. The rubber squishy part seems to have come unstuck from the piece
> that holds it to the door (not very technical sounding but do we have a
> more technical name for these pieces?). I was thinking of gluing them back
> together as they are otherwise in very good shape. Has anyone tried this
> before and if so was it successful / what type of glue would be most
> suitable?

Use 3-M weather strip adhesive.  The yellow type is affectionately known
as "gorilla snot".  It also comes in black (hides better) but I *think*
the yellow stuff holds better.  (Or was it the black stuff?)

Bobby
77 MGB Roadster
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *