Re: Scumbag

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Scumbag
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:23:57 -0400 (EDT)
Dear list:

Someone, in the past, suggested a steel spike connected to an explosive bolt
under the drivers seat. For an alternative, go to:

        http://www.airtaser.com

While I am on the subject of cae alarms, I would like to add my two cents
worth. Having a car alarm is kinda like running through the jungle with your
buddy while a tiger is chasing you. You don't have to outrun the tiger, just
your buddy. The same is true of the alarm. You can't stop the thief, but you
can cause him to steal someone else's car.

If a thief just wants A car, it's fairly easy to do. If he wants a car LIKE
yours, it is very hard to do. If he wants YOUR car, there is very little you
can do to stop him.

As to alarm sirens, even though we have become somewhat jaded to them, they
still do the one thing a thief can stand the least - it calls attention to
him. He never knows who might be attracted to the noise. The owner may be in
earshot, or the parking garage security guard might be close by. It won't
deter the bolder thief, but it will scare off many.

Next to unwanted attention, the thing a thief fears the most is time. The
longer he takes to steal the car, the greater the chance of his being caught.
Any thing you can do to your car, in the way of theft prevention, that is
different than the norm, the longer it takes him to defeat it. Make him take
long enough, and he will leave.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74