Re: Black Tulip: More paint questions!

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Subject: Re: Black Tulip: More paint questions!
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:44:09 -0700
J. Adrian Barnes wrote:

> I remember somebody mentioning the Black Tulip color a week or so
> ago...sorry for bringing it up again....  At the Townsend show, I saw a
> gorgeous MGB painted, what I remember they called it, Black Orchid, but
> since I could only find Black Tulip in Lindsay Porter's book, I assumed
> my memory was faulty.  I was trying to find a picture of this color, and
> found a purple BGT in some book I have at home with pictures of cars
> from the MG Owners Club, and that purple was nasty, but it didn't tell
> the color name.
>
> Was there more than one purple, or was this just two different shades of
> the same color name?  The B in that book was painted the kind of purple
> that they paint low riders with, and the one at the show was beautiful.
> Maybe it was just the picture.
>
> Thanks for dealing with all my paint questions, but since my Midget is
> at the shop as we speak, I'll have some new questions soon!  :-)  Like
> "What do all these little parts I have in baggies go to?" and "Is it
> okay to have bolts left over?"
>
> adrian
>
> --
> ______________________________________
> J. Adrian Barnes
> adrian@utk.edu
> adrian@icx.net
>
> "Anything tastes like chicken
>  with the right seasoning!"
>
> http://mailhub.icx.net/~adrian/
> http://mailhub.icx.net/~adrian/midget/

Yes, there was a rather brilliant purple color called "Aconite" used for
only one year, I believe.  It's not my cup of tea, but some folks like
it.  Saw a F*rd Pr*b* painted something very similar t'other day and it
looked pretty good on a newer car.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/