Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:56:11 -0400
Hi folks,

Let me thank you all for your words of wisdom on exhaust manifolds.

Armed with said knowledge, I talked with the machine shop guy and, when
pressed, he said that there may be a good chance that the manifold may wa=
rp
when treated and that I would then have to take it some other place to ge=
it "belt sanded"

So the cost would almost be the same as a good used one, which is almost
the same as a nice new one, which is almost the same as a set of headers.=
 =

Can I get your opinion on installing headers and can I expect some
improvement in power.  My main concern is that they may need "minor
adjustment" to fit - I don't have the proper tools or know-how.  I do hav=
a big hammer - which worries me!

>You can get a header from Kirk in Birmingham ALA for about $129-150.<

How does one contact Kirk?

Regards,    Adrian