Re: MG will not rev - HELP !! (SUCESS !!)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG will not rev - HELP !! (SUCESS !!)
From: "TS Internet Machine" <econ.tech.dti@gtnet.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:26:49 +0100
Many many thanks to all those on the list offering help on the spluttering
MGB..

Great news it's now fixed and running great..

Spent all of last weekend cleaning out petrol lines, replacing fuel tank
(badly corroded) and tuning carbs..   All of that had no effect...

We had reached the point of giving in and calling a Professional when we
decided to go back to square one.....

The first thing that was changed (7 weeks ago) was the Coil....

Yep, you guessed it the new one was faulty.. Swapped it for another to
check and VVVRRRROOOOOOMMMM !!  Revved right up really sweet..   After the
initial euphoria we were a bit pissed that the car had been laid up with
this problem for so long...

Anyway it's now in top form and after all of the cleaning, checking,
re-wiring, tuning and general attention it runs better than ever.  So there
is a benefit in this after all.

The weather has just changed here aswell and is now lovely and sunny (from
being very wet and windy) so the car is now ready for the summer......
There is a god afterall.

Big thankyou from both me and Kevin (Kevin.Phillips@tidv.dti.gov.uk) for
all of the great help and pointers offered. We have learned a lot over the
past few weeks and feel very grateful for all of the assistance we got.

Cheers to you all...

Andy.  :)

Kev.   O  \

       O  /