Re: Turning engine

To: jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: Turning engine
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 20:50:47 EDT

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:56:54 -0400 "Editors, Molecular Vision"
<jboatri@emory.edu> writes:
>Hello list,
>
>I adjusted the valves on my 65 Sprite with the 1275 last night. I
>could not
>figure out an easy way of turning the engine other than short bursts
>of the
>starter. The crank pulley seemd to be unreachable, and the fan is
>tightly
>shrouded. What am I missing (I just bought this car and all of my
>previous
>experience is with VWs)?
>
>Thanks for your input,
>
>Jeff

Jeff,
  Put the car in 4th, remove all spark plugs, then, simply push/pull the
car to bring the valves to the proper postion for adjusting. You'll find
that by using the "rule of 9's" (see Haynes manual on valve adjustment),
you won't have to move the car over 10 feet to adjust all the valves.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget