Re: Calling all emissions experts

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Calling all emissions experts
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:54:35 -0700 (PDT) (11:54 am 18:54 UT)
>I got the big "FAIL" on my emissions test today.

  What got Tintin to finally pass was leaning out the carbs until they
started to incompletely combust, and then backing off one flat.
The mechanic did this with the rectal sniffer, but I was able to
observe the change with my Colortune.  Put in the colortune and lean it
out until the blue starts to go orange again, and back it off until it
just goes blue again.
I have to assume that the same process will work on a Z-S.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*