[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Voltage Stabilizer?

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <>
Subject: Re: Voltage Stabilizer?
From: Graham McCann <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:08:49 +1000
At 12:46 pm 10/7/97 -0400, Christopher M. Delling wrote:
>In my continuing effort to get an "accurate" temperature gauge, somone
>on the list suggested that my voltage stabilizer may be causing the
>problem  I have a 77B.  Should this car have the above referenced part? 
>If so, where should I look for it?  What does it look like?  How can I
>check it's function.  Any suggestions welcome!
>Chris Delling

More likely to be the sender unit, which is a small screw in sensor on the
right front (if my memory serves me correctly) of the engine block.  It has
a wire running from it which provides the signal to the instrument. As a
first step clean the slide on connector and ensure that the inevitable
grease and stuff is not giving an intermittent connection.  If this is OK
then buy a new sender unit.  Be careful in getting the old sender out.

Hope this helps,

97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
Phone/Fax: +61 6 2889055

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>