Fwd: Re: Wires vs steel

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Wires vs steel
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 09:35:33 -0400
--WebTV-Mail-966545195-4750

But the alternative, the wire wheel conversion kit, makes the wheels
stick out farther anyway, so does it really matter?

-Nory
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '85 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd

--WebTV-Mail-966545195-4750

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 07:57:21 -0400
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Wires vs steel

Nory wrote:

> Do you have to switch the whole rear end to do it on a Midget too?  I've
> heard that only the axle shafts & maybe the brake drums are all that
> need be switched.  Anybody out there changed a Midget over to wire
> wheels?
>
> -Nory
>  '74 Midget & '71 parts car
>  '94 Ford Ranger
>  '85 Ford Escort
>  '89 Ford Probe
>  '96 North American Shepherd
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/
> Way/9101
nory, the diff housing is narrower by about 3/4" on the wire wheel car.
this compensates for the axles being slightly longer. if you usethe
steel wheel diff, the wire wheel axles will place the wheels furhter
apart - closer tothe fender lip with the result of potential tire rub.
ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!

--WebTV-Mail-966545195-4750--