Re: Dash top cover

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: Dash top cover
From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:47:51 -0700
Date:          Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:23:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:          Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
To:            Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Cc:            mgs@autox.team.net

        I checked the dash pad on my 77B. As far as heigth goes it is as
high as the stud that holds the tonneau on. The depth goes right up to the
stud. I can't say if it will cause a problem. I have been trying to find a
cheap tonneau with no lock, I never gave this problem a thought. The dash
pad only covers the top of the dash but it looks very good.
...Art

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Bob De Weese wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying one of those dash covers to hide the cracks.
> I've noticed tough that when I use my tonneu (sp?) cover (no dash pad
> now) i'ts fairly hard to get the cover to snap onto the top of the dash.
>  It _will_ go, but it's not fun to do.
>
> My question is this:  How much higher does the dash pad make the dash
> board.  IOW - If I put one on will it creat a new problem, namely,
> getting the tonneu cover snaped to the top of the dash?
>

> Bobby
> 77 MGB Roadster  (with a brand new set of speakers)   :)
>
> Okay, so I skipped over a few things on the "Priority List".
>

> --
>                                        Bob De Weese
>                              Certified Professional Locksmith
>                                    bearlock@bigfoot.com

> *  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
> *   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *
>I PLACED A PIECE OF WOOD ABOUT 1/4" TO 3/8" THICK BENEATH THE
DASHTOP TONNEAU STUD AND ALL WORKS FINE - HAS BEEN FOR THREE YEARS!