FW: TD overheating

To: mgs
Subject: FW: TD overheating
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:14:45 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["g.gable"
<g.gable@csu-e.csuohio.edu>]]

     Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:19:04 -0400
     From: "g.gable" <g.gable@csu-e.csuohio.edu>
     Subject: TD overheating

In the past year I rebuilt the engine for my 52 TD. Until recently it has
only been on the road for short trips.  This past weekend we went a little
further and of course it is a lot hotter outside.  The temp gage shot up to
over a 100C. the thermostat is new and rated at 83C. The water pump was
rebuilt with the engine. I was going to pull the thermostat and let the
water/coolant run free but was cautioned the thermostat helps build up
pressure which keeps the circulation going.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Gerry Gable
g.gable@popmail.csuohio.edu