original spridget air cleaner

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: original spridget air cleaner
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:20:09 -0500
Hello list!

On my '65 Sprite, I am switching from the cheapo pancake air cleaners
installed by the PO back to the originals. The two cannisters appear to be
identical, but seem to install with the inlet necks at odd angles, and only
with a lot of trial-and error on my part. I see in Moss or Vicky Brit
(forget which) that they are sold as front and rear units, suggesting that
they are actually not identical. Is there any trick to putting these things
on? The Coopers decals are still faintly visible, if that has meaning.

TIA,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright          __o_\__            '65(!) A-H Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html