Re: Spridget float chambers

To: jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: Spridget float chambers
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:57:01 EDT
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:26:25 -0500 Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
writes:
>Hello List!
>
>The float chambers on my 1275 HS2 carburetters are fairly loose. I can
>wiggle the left one around quite a bit. Is this normal? The car seems
>just fine.
>
>TIA,
>Jeff

>Jeff Boatright         __o_\__            '65(!) A-H
>Sprite
>http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html

They will have some movement normally, as they are mounted to the body of
the carb with a rubber spacer. I assume the purpose of said spacer is to
isolate the bowl from some vibration and possibly some heat(?).
 So long as they don't move around when the engine is running, but only
when pressure is applied to the bowl, you have a normal set of HS2's
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget