Zappa/Deep Purple Trivia

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Zappa/Deep Purple Trivia
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:03:51 -0400 (EDT)
OK, nobody finished answering Larry's original question so I will. The place
asked for was Montreux, Switzerland. Site of a Zappa/Deep Purple concert.
Nobody got to my favorite line about the "Rolling truck Stones thing just
outside" refering to the Rolling Stones Mobile Recording Unit. As to MG
content - 'Smoke on the Water' and Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust' album were the
major components of the soundtrack to the summer of 1973 when I was 17 and
wanted desparately to be driving an MGB rather than a '71 Plymouth Satellite
wagon. When I finish my '73 BGT and put the first tape in, it will probably
be Side 1 of 'Machine Head' (the album Smoke on the Water was on) which leads
off with 'Highway Star', which has made every road song tape I've ever
assembled.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA