Midget wheels not rolling!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget wheels not rolling!
From: elkhart@juno.com
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 09:26:04 -0400
After realizing  that my front grill MG emblem was
missing from the '72 Midget, I said fooey on the
originality sickness that has crippled many peoples
enjoyment of there cars.
I am happy for the person that ended up with the
thing. I am sure that he is fidgeting over some other
item that he is willing to break the Commandments.
        I have done the Vega rim treatment to
"Old Smuckers". Three rims were free and the fourth
was $10. All I've done with the lug nuts was to grind
about 2mm off the bottom. With 165R70 Yokohama's,
the performance is incredible. The $2,000 that I spent
having the suspension redone increased the ride quality
and handling about as much as the $200 tires and wheels.
It really gives the thing a wider track and just enough
meat on the road to do the job as it should.
         I am not begrudging the suspension rebuild
and am glad that I waited until it was completed before
I got the tires. They just would have been chewed
up otherwise. The whole thing works great.

Thanks for the tread thread!
Just plain Phil