Re: LBC Safety

To: bearlock@erols.com, ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:32:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-08 13:07:37 EDT, bearlock@erols.com (Bob De Weese)
writes:

> If I'm sitting at a light and I see a (insert huge vehicle of choice,
>  here), bearing down in my rear view mirror, I think it would be a lot
>  easier to "bail" if I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Bobby:

By the time you know for sure that that huge vehicle really is bearing down
on you, and is not going to stop, I think it would be too late to bail out.
At the very best, you would be half in, half out, which I would think would
be worse than being in the car. Usually, when you see someone bearing down on
you, you assume he will stop at the last moment. Otherwise, with the way the
civilian (non lbc) drivers normally drive, you would be bailing out about
every third corner if you tried to anticipate far enough in advance to do any
good.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74