Re: Wire Wheels...

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels...
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:10:10 -0600
>At 04:20 PM 9/17/97 -0400, Larry Macy wrote:
>>>...Right now, I'm seriously considering sending one of my better sets
>>>out to British Wire Wheel to have them rebuilt.  If I do, I'll let
y'all know how
>>>they come out.  Once again, thanks for the reassurance!
>>>--
>>>Michael S. Lishego
>>>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
>>>Elementary Education Major,
>>>English Minor, Class of 1999
>>>R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

Michael, I think British Wire Wheel has a flat rate to fix wheels.  When
they do it they replace all the spokes.  So if you send them wheels to
fix, assuming they don't have bent hubs or rims, why don't you send them
the worst (or nearly worst) ones and keep the better ones as spares?  Is
this thought process flawed?

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster