Re: MGB tire sizes

Subject: Re: MGB tire sizes
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 10:16:44 -0400
John-

There are probably as many differing opinions about this as any other, but
my feel is that the stock MGB supension is totally outclassed by today's
performance rubber.  For the average, road-going "B", I believe that going
to larger/uprated tires would result in loads being transferred to the
suspension that it's really not designed to handle.  Remember that these
cars were designed for, and sold with tall skinny tires with limited
roadholding capability.  Switching to a sticky, low profile, S or V rated
tire is overkill.  I run an mid-range priced set of 185/70R14 tires on my B
and am very happy.  I push 'em pretty hard too!

FWIW . . .

Regards,

Chris