Re: WERACE Spridget telescopic shocks

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: WERACE Spridget telescopic shocks
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:02:28 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,
the lever shocks usually start leaking and when they are out of oil, they
stop working.  You can refill them and they will work until they are empty
again.
Surprisingly, the one I had replaced and that stopped working soon after
does not leak!  I opened it up and topped it up, but it still doesn't
work.  So I guess internal components can fail too.

Ulix

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:58:51 -0400 (EDT) Arthur Pfenninger
> <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU> writes:
> >     I'd be interested to find some resonable replacements. Has
> >anyone
> >had good luck with Apple? I've never had a problem with them but am
> >now
> >afraid to try their shocks.
> >...Art
>
> Hi Art, >
>  What is it that fails in the Apple rebuilds?  Valves, seals, etc?  I
> have never opened one, but the drawings make it appear that only the
> seals, valves and shafts could go bad?
> Bob
>

> >On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Ulix Goettsch wrote:
>
> >> I am sick of my Apple Hydraulics rebuilt lever shocks, since only
> >one is still working.  The one I got replaced under warranty lasted a
> >couple of> weeks.  I want to go with lever shocks front and rear, but
> refuse to
> >spend>> the outrageous amounts of money that Spax conversions cost.
> ap Gabriel shocks, with the rear ones being too
> >long
> >> (Thanks Rich Wagner).
> >> (BTW, the newest JCW catalog doesn't list these anymore, did they

                                                           '67 Sprite