Re: Vehicle ID

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Subject: Re: Vehicle ID
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 00:51:08 -0700
G Graham wrote:

> Back again!
>
> I have an engine that Moss doesn't recognize-- can anyone help?
>
>         1974 MGB
>         VID  GHN5UE367411G
>         ENG # 18V 836Z L4478
>         Commission # G23N 114309  Z
>
>         GU23  006065P (on bonnet striker plate near commission number)
>
>         Rubber bumpers
>         Twin SU carbs

Well, I can't help you with ride height, but I can tell you that you are the
proud
owner of a '74 3/8 MGB!  Only 17 were made, each with cathair carpeting, a
faux-wood
shifter knob, and a special side stripe kit that adds 25 extra horsepower.  I
could
tell you more, but you left out the color of the interior.  Whether your
interior is
autumn leaf or champagne can tell you exactly when your cam bearings are going
fail.  I read that information once from the inside of a forune cookie.  My
toungue-in-cheek mouth is watering over your new car...Good luck with it!

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College