Cam Break-in

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cam Break-in
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:39:30 -0400
All this talk about prining oil pumps, etc. has me thinking. The engine on
my 77B is due for some freshening this winter.  My project plan includes
replacement of the low compression pistons with standard 8.7:1 comp ratio
pistons, a new cam, and some massaging of the head.

This work will be done without removing the engine.  Obviously this entails
draining the sump, and removal of the oil pump.  Upon reassembly I will
have a new rings, rod bearings, cam and lifters, etc.  Do I need to follow
the same break-in procedures as required for a new/re-built motor?

Regards,

Chris Delling