Got my firt MBG!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Got my firt MBG!
From: Blake Wylie <bwylie@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:47:40 -0500 (CDT)
This past Friday I was finally able to go pick up my first MGB.  It's a
British Racing Green 1970 beauty.  :)  I got it from a guy who fixed it up
for me, and he does a lot of restoring in his spare time.  In order to get
it at the price I could afford, I will have to do some of the work myself.
He took care of the paint job, and he had a 1974 engine put in it.  He
took care of the engine work (fine tuning, etc, etc).  He also replaced
the front brake pads (he will also give me some better brake rotors for
the front tires).  My biggest job will be the interior.  I've already
bought carpet for it, and I will have to find time to "cut and paste."
The dash will receive an overlay and a good cleaning.  The rear wheel
cylinders are needing immediate work.  I'm going to have to replace the
brake pads, and various seals here and there.  The right rear is leaking
brake fluid while the left rear is leaking grease.  Right now, I have it
sitting up on blocks with the tires off.  I'll have to go and get some
kits and/or seals during the week.  Ah well...so goes the life of an MGB
owner.  :)  Oh, I'm also going to be repainting the Rostyle wheels soon.

Sooo...I am going to need a lot of interior parts, etc...

1) I'm going to need some interior door panels (black)

2) Anyone out there have pictures or diagrams of the interior that I can
go by to do the carpet?  Any tips will be helpful also.

3) Under dash covers

4) hub caps w/logo (or just logo...I can clean the hubcaps I have)

5) cigarette lighter (I'm not going to use it, but I need it to fill up
that empty lighter holder)

6) good looking seat covers (nothing too expensive right now...maybe some
of those with the MG Logo????) One seat is in good shape, but the other I
have a wool looking cover on.

7) Plenty-o-tips

8) Luck

If anyone can help me out on these, I will be much obliged.  If you might
have any of those parts, make me an offer.  :)  I may have left some
things out, so if I think of anything else, I'll pass it along.

Hopefully, I'll have it back on the road by next week.  Then I can get
started on the finer details.  :)

Thanks,

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB