replacing disc

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: replacing disc
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:18:51 -0500
Hello list!

I am planning to replace a brake disc on my wire-wheeled '65 Sprite
(probably a winter task). The old one is furrowed and thinned. The Haynes
and shop manuals call for a hub extractor to pull the complete hub assembly
off of the stub axle. The shop manual refers to the extractor as tool 18G
363 (wire wheels-early cars) or tool 18G 1032 (wire wheels-later cars).

First, is the extractor absolutely necessary? Second, if so, where would I
get one. And third, is a '65 Spridget an "early" or a "later" car?

TIA,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright          __o_\__            '65(!) A-H Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html