Flickering oil light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flickering oil light
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 07:41:21 EDT
In re:  Miss Molly, my precocious '79 Midget, developing a habit of
winking her oil light at me when her engine is hot.

This just occurred to me:  I have not reset the valve lash since I went
through her engine (about two thousand miles ago).  As the valves and
lifters (lifter were new, cam used) have now had a chance to seat, and I
am now picking up a bit of upper end noise, is it possible that this is
the problem?

Before I replace the pump, I am going to hook up a mechanical guage and
check the pressure in hopes that it is a bad sending unit.  Am also going
to replace the relief spring 'just to be sure'....  Would prefer not to
have to replace the pump (still cannot believe that it costs close to
$100 as I am used to being able to pick up a high volume/pressure
small-block Chevy pump for less than $30).

Bob, Trevor, Dave, etc, etc, thanks for the thoughts and assistance!

Rich