Re: MGA seat apholstery question

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: MGA seat apholstery question
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:32:06 -0700 (PDT) (21:32 UT)
>I am planning to have the seats in my MGA reapholstered (red leather) while
 it is in hibernation this winter.  I would like to hear from others who may
 have some suggestions as to whether I should order the seat kit from Moss?
  Or are there others that I should consider.  I purchased my interior from
 Moss, would this justify getting the seat material from them as well?  As
 always, I figure there are probably some pros and cons, and all sorts of
<choices.....

 I redid the seats in Milou with Moss materials: foams and leather kits.
They look great and tight.  Just remember to notice that the seat backs
are NOT symmetrical.  I almost ruined one trying to force it over the
wrong seat!  The installation of the center armrest allows all sorts of
inventiveness.  Some have concealed glove boxes in it.  I contented
myself with cutting out a piece of plywood the appropriate size, mounting
the armrest to it, and then using short wide wood screws to fasten it to
the carpeting from underneath.
Make sure you have a good staple gun and plenty of staples to mount the
seats to the wooden bottoms.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*