Contemplating Rape...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Contemplating Rape...
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:25:20 +0000
Well, since the most recent problem with the 'B', it might behoove me
to start stocking up on spare parts.  My brother-in-law called
recently, saying that a neighbor of his is selling a running, driving
MGB for $200.
        My BOL thinks it's a '71, and while the body is a rustbucket and the
interior is very rough, he said that the engine sounded like it was
running pretty well.  Didn't take it out for a test drive, though.
        I'm thinking of buying it, getting it out here, taking it down to
the hobby shop on base, and systematically raping the heck out of it
for spare parts, storing them in boxes, and taking them with us to
Norfolk.
        If it is a '71, what would be the best parts to scavenge for future
use in my '72?  I'd keep the engine, as well as the tranny if it's a
rebuildable OD unit.  Would probably take all the trim pieces and
fasteners I could get off, since they wouldn't take up too much
space.
        Would it be worth it to keep around a used starter, radiator,
heater box, fuel pump, distributor etc., or would I be better off
buying new ones if mine crater?

Any tips appreciated.
Scott