Alternator Swap

To: richard.arnold@juno.com
Subject: Alternator Swap
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:00:22 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 10:26:17 EDT
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)

Rich:

An excellent set of instructions! Thank you for posting them.

As you said, though, your memory was just a little off. The terminals you
list below are backwards. terminal #1 goes to the brown/yellow wire, and #2
goes to the smaller brown wire.

>  Right now I don't have Miss Molly here so I am working from memory;
>  I strongly urge you to double check me.  I will be visiting her this
>  weekend so will double check then and post any corrections.

>  '1' should be a red wire on the new plug-in.  This will go to the battery
>  position on the solenoid and needs to spliced to the smaller brown wire.

>  '2' should be a black or gray wire on the new-plug in.  This will go to
>  your indicator light and needs to spliced to the brown/yellow wire.

Excellent instructions never-the-less!

PS: I am on the digest, so if you have already posted a correction, my
apologies.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74