Stripped bolts, late as usual

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stripped bolts, late as usual
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:55:52 -0500
Bill,

Thanks for the words of wisdom.  Yeah, it eventually struck me to use a
longer bolt.  It works just fine and the sump does not leak.  If I ever
take this engine out (God forbid!!!!!!!!), then I'll fix it up proper  (i=
that what all DPO's promise?)

Regards,    Adrian

Message text written by Bill Eastman
>I am sure that Adrian has his Midget together by now but for future
reference:  Befor you read this, please understand that I do not recomend=

these techniques unless they are they are for temporary repair only.  I
don't wand to be know as "the father of all DPO's"

 I have often fixed stripped threads by putting in the next length longer=

bolt.  This will often reach the good threads past the end of the old bol=
and allow careful tightening......................<