RE: Dying Webber

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Dying Webber
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:44:00 -0800 (PST)
When you say turned up you mean turned out right? Screwing the idle in will
lean the mixture. It sounds like your idle circuit is not behaving well.
Might I suggest taking it appart and cleaning it out with carb cleaner. It
is possible that you have some crap clogging the idle jet/port. There is
really not too much you can mess up aside from losing pieces and stripping
screws. Get a book on Weber carbs to help walk you through the dismantling
and reassembly. Spray cleaner down all the casting holes. Of course, wear
protection for your eyes. You never know where those casting passages open
up. Good luck

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu