Re: dual batteries?

To: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson), sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu
Subject: Re: dual batteries?
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:29:36 -0500
Got to disagree here with Mike.  Later MGB's were never equipped with
anything other than a single 12V battery.  I am not sure of the year of
changeover, but my B only has one battery bin.

By the way Sean, the battery is located in a well behind the seats.  You
need to lift the shelf carpet to get at the cover to the bin(s).

Why two batteries - I have heard a couple of theories.  1)  N0 12 volt
batteries were available that were small enough.  2)  Putting twin
batteries on either side of the car provided better balance (this seems far
fetched to me).

I would agree with Mike that most B's originally equipped with two
batteries have been converted to a single.  The spare bin can then be
equipped with a special plastic liner that can be used for storage.  I saw
one converted into a cooler for food and beverage!

Regards,

Chris