Re: Starting Problem

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Starting Problem
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:57:44 -0600
Solenoid is correct...
If you take the solenoid apart (not fun, but it can be done) you will find
basically a copper cylindrical piece that forms the electromagnet of the
solenoid.  This thing gets carbon and other stuff built up on it it, (carbon and
other stuff = resistance) clean it with contact cleaner spray, and sand it
lightly with 400 grit sandpaper, reinstall, and it will work for a long time to
come.
Chad
'72 B Daily Driver